You might be wondering why I am shopping for the best indoor large plants, even though I live in an apartment, I would love to have a few floor plants? These would complete my container garden theme of tropical plants, by any chance this interests you, I hope you will read my article?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Please read my affiliate disclosure for more information, I assure you this website’s priority is to help you.
Before I provide you my choices of larger indoor plants, you will find the image above has the best deals I have found. Every purchase helps plant a new tree, so I have made this my new favorite resource to shop. You can shop around for better prices, but I assure you these arrive in extremely good condition and are just absolutely beautiful.
- Monstera Split Leaf
- Rattlesnake Plant
- Fiddle Leaf Fig
- Palm Trees
- Money Tree
- Chinese Money Tree
- Lemon Surprise
- Varigated Umbrella Plant
- Air Plants
- Varigated Hoya Sweetheart
- Kangaroo Fern
The plants above are just the ones that are on sale right now, you also can find clearance plants as well as specials. I highly recommend you check their website out, if you are interested in even more information just click here?
Recommended Large Plants
Now here is what you came here to find out, I am more than happy to share what I have found out with you. You might also be interested in adding a floor plant or two in your place, so I have done the research for you?
- Fiddle Leaf Fig
- Rubber Plant
- Fiscus Alii Plant
- Fish Tail Palm
- Parlor Palm
- Dragon Tree
- Corn Plant
- Pony Tail Palm
- Ming Aralia
- Umbrella Plant
- Jade Plant
- False Castor Plant
- Desert Rose
- Birds of Paradise
- Kentia Palm
- Majesty Palm
So many to choose from, you will want to decide where you wish to display your new addition? The most important factor is to know your new plant’s required light conditions, you then can narrow down your options by the light requirements. I am shopping for a low-light floor plant, but you might be in need of one with completely different light requirements?
Indoor Plant Care Guide
For those of you who might be new to this type of gardening, I am going to share with you some tips that I have learned? No one wants to invest in a beautiful plant only to lose it from the lack of care, you will have a much better idea from this guide with more growing success for your new plant.
- Focus on moist soil, but avoid overwatering
- Consider purchasing a moisture meter, you can buy most for around $10.00.
- All plants don’t require water at the same time, so this is where the moisture meter can save some of your plants?
- Discolored leaves are a sign of over-hydration, other sigs are leaf loss and lack of leaf growth.
- Dehydration signs are slow growth, dried leaf edges, and lower leaves become yellow and often curling.
- Room temperature water is what I always recommend, I also fill a gallon jug the night before to allow any chemicals to evaporate from my tap water.
- Good drainage containers are a must, so be sure your flower pot has drainage holes in the bottom. If not drill some holes with a one-eighth drill bit is what I always do.
- Flowering plants require approximately 12-16 hours of light per day, you can purchase floor lamp grow lights at a very affordable price.
- Foliage plants require approximately 14-16 hours of light per day, again a grow light and a moisture meter are two inexpensive products I would definitely consider.
- Once you find the right spot avoid moving your plants, you will find this puts extra stress on them.
- If you need to move them for any reason, you want to do this gradually to provide them time to adjust.
- Increase the humidity by simply filling a tray with pebbles and water, you can add a humidifier if you wish to invest in one.
- Misting your plants a few times per week is something I do regularly, I have found this provides them extra moisture through their leaves. Often by me doing this, it prevents brown tips on my plants, but I used to water them which accidentally I was overwatering them.
- Wilting, brown leaves, and poor flower buds are sure signs your plants require more humidity
- High potassium fertilizer for flowering plants
- High Nitrogen fertilizer for foliage plants
- Prune them as needed to keep them the size and shape you desire
- Homemade plant fertilizers are what I use on my own plants, you can click here for some of the recipes.
I am sure you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed with this information, so what I suggest is you bookmark this article on your favorites or print out the article. Once you know if your plant is a flowering or foliage type, you can narrow down the tips above for each type?
You might be new to this merchandise, these are the first living furniture line? This is simply combining home decor furniture and growing your plants all in one product, I am sure you are interested in more information on this?
- The worlds first living furniture line
- Coffee table
- Entryway table
- Side table
Living Furniture Benefits
- Easy as pie to use
- Simply add soil & water
- Wide variety of plant species
- Improve concentration
- Memory enhancement
- Increases your productivity
- Anxiety & stress relief
- Removes toxins
- Purifies the air
- Indoor garden space saver
- Removable Glass
- Drainage valve
These are the new modern home decor indoor gardening of the future, you can eliminate all your planters by simply adding this living furniture? I only wish I had known about these before adding my houseplants to my apartment, if I figure it out I more likely spent more than if I had purchased this cool gardener’s dream furniture? If you are curious to check this new merchandise out, I am happy to be able to share this with you?
Let Us Go Shopping
I am sure you would appreciate me sharing some of the better places to shop, and that is exactly what I am going to do for you right now? I did a search for you, so this is what online stores were recommended for large plants?
- Cellar Door Plants
- Pro Flowers
- 1800 Flowers
- Costa Farms
- Nature Hills Nursery
- Fast Growing Trees
- Garden Goods Direct
- From You Flowers
You now have a good start where to begin shopping, I have purchased from Cellar Door Plants, Logees, and Nature Hills Nursery. These three are my main sources for buying my own houseplants, but all of these are highly recommended, so browse them to see where you can get the best deals?
Rare Exotic Plants Thank You
I really do appreciate every one of you who reads my articles, you are what makes me writing these worth my time. Sharing what I know and learn with you is what this website is all about, if you find my website valuable please consider sharing it with your garden family and friends.