Even living in an apartment I have added a few of these plants, you might be curious to learn what the Best Indoor Tree Plants are for beginners? When you buy them small, you can keep them trimmed to the shape and height you prefer. These will make an impact in any garden decor home, let us talk more about these special tree plants to see if any are right for you?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Feel free to read my affiliate disclosure to learn more, Rare Exotic Plants has nothing to hide?
Ficus Lyrata Fiddle Leaf Fig
This is the most popular choice worldwide, you will find this growing in apartments, private homes, and many public buildings. This is the number one tree plant you will want to consider first, now let me tell you a little more about this popular houseplant?
- Modern garden decor choice
- Beautiful large leaves
- Skinny trunk
- Leaves with a unique leathery texture
- Prefers a warm and humid climate
- Perfect tree plant for beginners
- Adapts to a variety of light conditions
- Survives less watering than many indoor trees
- Avoid moving your Fiscus it does not adjust well
The 4″ variant is actually a Ficus Lyrata ‘Little Bambino’, also known as the Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig. The 6″ variant is a regular Ficus Lyrata and is 15 to 18 inches tall already! The 10″ diameter pot variant is also a regular Ficus Lyrata that is already approximately 48 inches tall. The 10″ variant includes the cost of shipping in the price you see.
A+ customer service!
The plant received was scraggly and didn’t have a prominent center stalk for its future growth as a “tree”. I emailed the support team and received a response within 2 hours (it was 1030pm PST!). Alma at CellarDoor was fantastic and provided a replacement immediately. In the pic, the original plant is in front and the replacement is in the background.
Most Popular Indoor Trees
You now know more about the number one choice of gardeners all over the world, but possibly this just does not appeal to you? I know I have thought about adding this to my own collection, but I just am not sure this is right for me? Let us now see what other choices we have to choose from, I want to always provide you as many good choices as possible?
- Fiddle Leaf Fig
- Citrus Trees
- Weeping Fig
- Rubber Tree
- Banana Dwarf
- Norfolk Island Pine
- Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai Tree
- Jade Tree
- Money Tree
- Lady Palm
- Dragon Tree
- Parlor Palm
- Majesty Palm
- Corn Plant
- Areca Palm
- Bay Laurel
- Ponytail Palm
I am proud to be able to confirm the ones I have are just beautiful, you might be interested in knowing the Parlor Palm is one of my best growing out of the ones on this list I have? It requires very little care, another thing I like is it grows even in lower light levels just at a slower rate?
Banana Dwarf Tree
I am happy to share the Banana Dwarf Tree I ordered just arrived, even though it is only a young plant the leaves are very impressive? Whenever I am able to I order small seedlings instead of larger plants, you not only save money but you can grow and shape them the way you like? The best varieties to choose for containers are listed below, you will experience more success with one of these varieties?
- Dwarf Red
- Lady Finger
- Red Tiger
I chose the Musa variety for my indoor garden, I will tell you a little about this variety since this is the one I chose? If you are interested in Night Blooming Plants, you can learn about them by reading my article?
Musa Dwarf Banana Tree Plant
This might interest you to know before we go any further, this dwarf tree has been grown indoors since the victorian era? I don’t know about you, but this really amazed me to learn? I chose this variety mainly because it is perfect for growing indoors, you will even be able to grow one in an apartment like mine?
- Large beautiful leaves
- Grows quickly making an instant impact in your garden decor
- Very adaptable of living indoors year-round
- Light requirements range from bright light to part-shade
- Be careful with young plants in direct sunlight they are prone to burning
- Watering will be more than most of your other houseplants even during the winter months
- Water when the top 2 inches of the potting soil is dry
- Buy yourself a plant moisture meter and keep the potting soil moist
- Be careful overwatering during the winter to avoid root rot
- The delicate leaves will stay healthy by regular misting
- Water trays with pebbles under your banana tree are recommended
- Feeding every 2-3 weeks is needed to provide enough nutrients during their growing period
This is the basic guide I found to get started growing my own Musa Banana Tree, even though it is only about six inches tall it still is very impressive with large beautiful leaves? Maybe you are interested in where to buy your own, that is what I am going to tell you about next?
Musa Banana Tree Sources
You might be surprised these have become very popular over the years, so that makes finding good deals even easier for gardeners like you? I ordered mine from Amazon, but there are other websites that you can price compare as well? I have learned shopping around is the way to receive the most for your money, you also might want smaller versions as I do which is something to think about?
- Cellar Door Plants
- Spring Hill Nurseries
- Willis Orchards
- Fast Growing Trees
I am sure there are even more options than I have found, but these will give you a nice variety to get you started? Some people prefer larger ones, and some prefer smaller ones, there is no right or wrong choice in size? You can buy smaller trees at a lower cost, but if you want an instant impact larger plants might be your best choice? Remember this grows very quickly, so even small trees will make an impact in a very short time?
Hawaiian Umbrella Tree
I also have one of these in my indoor garden collection, you might be like me and not sure if this is something you can grow? For years, I have wanted to try bonsai gardening, so this spring I took the first step with the Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai Tree, I ordered mine from Bonsai Boy already shaped for me. If you are looking for one already shaped by professionals, I recommend you visit their website?
- Adjusts well to light conditions
- Water carefully to avoid root rot
- Extremely low maintenance
- Glossy green leaves
- Minature leaves shaped like mini umbrellas
- Forms a beautiful dense canopy
- Keep pruned to your desired size and shape
- Awesome first bonsai tree for beginners
- Water tray with pebbles recommended
- Keep warm away from cold drafts
I have mine in front of my balcony window in my apartment, even with our cloudy days this miniature tree has grown beautifully? This really is the best choice for anyone interested in this type of gardening, I am very happy with my purchase from Bonsai Boy.
This is one that is brand new to me, so I thought maybe this is new to many of you as well? Together let us learn more about this Guava tree, who knows possibly we will want to add one to our indoor garden one day?
- Easy to grow
- Low maintenance
- Fruit is extremely high in vitamin C
- White & crisp flesh
- Pleasant flavor
- Slightly bumpy skin
If this sounds like something you would like to know more about, you will want to read on to learn more? This would be a unique tree to grow, and the fruit sounds not only delicious but also healthy for you?
Guava Container Growing Guide
This has me interested in knowing more, so if you also are curious keep reading to learn more? Since we are into indoor gardening, we must understand how to grow this in a container?
- A sunny warm spot in your home is the best place for this tree
- A very adaptable plant that makes it easy to grow
- Placing your Guava tree near a window is going to provide you the most success
- You will want a potting mix with compost, sand, and soil
- Slight;y moist soil is your key to a happy plant
- The Guava tree is drought tolerant, so avoid overwatering them
- 3-gallon containers are recommended, and that would be pots approximately 10-12 inches in diameter
As you have read, this tree sounds to be a very easy one to grow, so this just might be a good choice for some of you? If I had not my Dwarf Banna Tree, I would be tempted to order one of these myself?
Parlor Palm Tree Plant
I am very happy with my Parlor Palm, you will not find a more hardy palm than this one? Mine is about 5 feet from my balcony window and doing very well, you will experience slower growth in lower light conditions? Coupon lovers, I have some Garden Coupon Deals for you today?
- Easy to care for
- Beautiful green leaves
- Adapts well to low-light
- Highly recommended air purifier plant
- Slow growing with average height indoors up to 4 feet
- Grow several plants in one container for a fuller plant
- Popular choices for offices, apartments, and homes
- Low light to indirect light
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Keep the potting mix evenly moist
- Underwatering is better than overwatering the Parlor Palm
- Humidity usually is not a problem for this plant
- Fertilize with high nitrogen fertilizer, but fertilizing is not usually required
I can vouch this information is correct from growing my own Parlor Palm, you will not need to put much time caring for this plant once established? If you experience brown tips snip them off, I just added a small jar of water in the container that solved the problem?
Best Houseplants To Promote Health
There are many health benefits to growing an indoor garden, you might be interested in the best plants to improve your health? Being a health-conscious person that is important to me, if this is important to you as well, I have provided you the healthiest plants to add to your indoor garden?
- Golden Pothos
- English Ivy
- Boston Fern
- Peace Lily
- Aloe Vera
- Snake Plant
- Rubber Plant
- Mass Cane
I must admit this list of plants does surprise me, how about you? I do have a Pothos in a hanging basket and English Ivy, but other than those two I have no others on this list? These came from an article written by One Green Planet, you might like to visit this website to read more of their articles?
Houseplant Online Courses
How many of you take online courses to learn new skills or hobbies, now how many of you are interested in online courses to learn indoor gardening? I have a few inexpensive courses you might be interested in, I just thought I would share these with you?
- Beginners Guide to Indoor Gardening
- Indoor Gardening
- Gardening, Houseplants, and Succulents
- How to Improve Indoor Air with Plants
- Reduce Stress, Anxiety, using Biophilic Therapy
- Green Cleaning
- Anxiety Management
- Interior design
All of these are budget-friendly and focus on using houseplants, if you are interested you can check them out at Udemy.com
These houseplant tips will conclude my article today, I always try to find some good information to help you create your dream indoor garden?
- Be sure to rotate your plants weekly for even growth
- Never fertilize during your plants dormant periods
- Drainage holes are very important especially for beginner gardeners
- Move your sun lovers outdoors in the summer
- Be sure your water trays have the proper water levels
- Never allow your containers to sit in water
- Keep any brown tips pruned off
- With a wet cloth, dust your plant leaves off regularly
- Place a small jar of water in plant containers that require more humidity
That ends the Rare Exotic Plants article for today, you are more than welcome to print this for future reference if you desire to? I write for your benefit to create your dream indoor garden, I thank you for supporting this website.