How many of you would like to know more about Christmas Poinsettia Plant Care, even though this has been such a popular holiday plant many don’t survive the holidays? This is for anyone who is interested in longer-lasting blooms, and to learn the basic needs of this winter houseplant?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. My affiliate disclosure is open to anyone interested in reading it, I provide this to you to understand how this works.
White Christmas Poinsettia Plant Care
Are you looking for a unique plant gift for someone special, why not surprise them with a white poinsettia instead of the traditional red poinsettia? Being curious about this, I thought maybe some of you would be as well? The first thing I would want to know is how to care for this special Christmas gift, now that is where I am going to begin?
There are three basic plant care requirements you need to know for any type of houseplant, and the white poinsettia is no different? We are going to discuss in more detail each of these, so keep reading to learn what you need to know to care for this special Christmas gift?
White Poinsettia Light Conditions
Let us begin our basic care with lighting conditions, how many of you actually know the answer to this question? Many people who receive this as a gift lacks the knowledge to grow them successfully, I am going to make it extremely easy for you?
- Bright indirect light is the key for the best blooms and growth
- Avoiding direct sunlight is a must to keep them alive and healthy
- Place them approximately 3 to 10 feet from a sunny window, if you follow this no need to worry about direct sunlight harming your white poinsettia.
That is all that is to provide the proper lighting conditions, I place one of these on my kitchen table every year as a centerpiece. Just a friendly holiday home decor suggestion, mine does very well and really does brighten my apartment for Christmas?
White Poinsettia Water Guide
Now that you have a better idea about how much light this plant requires, what I refer to as the life or death of this houseplant is learning how to water them properly? More of these don’t survive from overwatering them, I want you to understand these are not extremely thirsty Christmas plants?
- Evenly moist soil is the key to beautiful long-lasting blooms
- It is important to transplant them in a well-draining container if it arrives in one that lacks drainage holes?
- Often plant gifts arrive in unique attractive planters, but sometimes they lack proper drainage holes?
- A moisture plant meter is a valuable inexpensive garden tool, you will need not worry any longer if you are watering them properly?
- Another option is an automatic watering system, you might be surprised these also are inexpensive to purchase today?
Overwatering is the death of the majority of these types of holiday gifts, I always find a little less water is safer than too much? Potting mix damp on top is another method to consider, but sadly this is not a very accurate method to safely water these beautiful blooming Christmas houseplants?
White Poinsettia Temperature
Temperature is overlooked by the majority of people, we just don’t think to consider this as much as we should? What is the best temperature is important to know, I am going to provide you with a simple guide below?
- Consistent temperature between 65 and 75 degrees is what you want to aim for, this usually is not a problem for most people since this is the temperature most of us are comfortable with as well?
- Avoid placing too close to doors and windows that might cause drafts
- Another important tip is to be aware of where your heating and air-conditioning vents are.
- Again moderate temperatures are your key to success
How many of you learned something new from this basic guide, I would love to hear from you in my comments section at the end of this article? You can be my best resource to make Rare Exotic Plants even better, I have a serious goal to be one of the best houseplant resources online one day?
White Poinsettia Merchants
Does it really matter where we shop for this special Christmas gift, and that depends are you planning on keeping this as a houseplant after the holidays or not? Websites that specialize in these types of plants are your best choices for the healthiest, best-blooming plants? For those of you who want these just as a holiday home decor temporarily, where you shop is not nearly as important?
- Harry & David
- From You Flowers
- 1-800 Flowers
- High Country Gardens
- Lovely Holiday Gifts
- Send Flowers
- Collections Etc
Depending on if you are shopping for living or artificial is something to consider as well, If you are shopping for the real thing, you will be better off checking the merchants on my list above?
Poinsettia Christmas Flower Story
Of course, many of you have heard this is referred to as the Christmas flower. How many of you know how this actually come about, I thought this might interest some of you? That is the reason I am including this bit of information in this article, you can be sure Rare Exotic Plants is much more than a place to shop for houseplants? Being a resource you trust for information is my goal, let us now learn the true story of this popular Christmas gift?
I found this on the Why Christmas website, this is an old Mexican story about a poor girl without a gift for the baby Jesus. This little sweet girl gathered some weeds and formed them into a bouquet, By some miracle as she presented this gift of love at the nativity scene at the alter, those weeds became the most beautiful red flowers anyone had ever seen. The red flowers became known as ‘Flowers of the Holy Night’.
The shape of the poinsettia flower and leaves are sometimes thought of as a symbol of the Star of Bethlehem which led the Wise Men to Jesus. The red-colored leaves symbolize the blood of Christ. The white leaves represent his purity. For anyone interested in reading the entire blog post click here?
White Poinsettia Decorating Ideas
Before you go shopping you might need to decide how many you are going to need? The best method is to first consider how you are going to decorate with them for the holidays, I feel providing you with some ideas might help you along? That is what is coming up next, now if you need some inspiration keep reading?
- Do you have stairs in your apartment or home, you might decorate them with several of these plants? Depending on the length of your stairs and how far apart, you can get a good number of how many you will need?
- Image grouping a variety of colors of these plants on a display table, you can purchase them in red, white, and I have even seen them in peach?
- For anyone lucky enough to have a fireplace, you can place them on both sides or even on your fireplace mantle?
- As I shared earlier my kitchen table as a centerpiece is my tradition, but my mother places them on several of her smaller tables in her living room as well?
- Kitchen counters are another good one to consider, but you will need a window in your kitchen to decorate in this way?
- My mother chooses glass containers to display them, she prefers Christmas-themed glass containers?
- Tall plants in tall planters are very impressive holiday eye-catching to your guests, now you might have more inspiration on how to decorate with these holiday indoor plants?
Did these home decorating ideas give you some ideas of your own, why not share them in my comments section for my other readers? Together you all can decorate for the holidays, so don’t be shy everyone can benefit by sharing each other’s ideas?
Do you have any idea how many types there are, you might find this interesting some of the types I found to share with you? I must admit there are way more than I ever imagined, now if you are curious keep reading to learn more?
- Carousel Red
- Classic Red
- Classic White
- Autumn Leaves
- Christmas Glory Pink
- Orange Spice
- Prestige Maroon
- Hot Pink
- Strawberries & Cream
- Ice Box
- Shimmer Pink
Have you ever heard of any of the ones on the list above, this gives you even more creative ways to decorate for the holidays? How many of you are into entering sweepstakes, I do have one today that might interest you? Keep reading to learn more, think of this as an early Christmas gift from Rare Exotic Plants.
Home And Garden Sweepstakes
Are you into entering sweepstakes, who could not use something for their home and garden? These are honest ones that you might want to consider, and these are provided by the HGTV website. Here is just a little information to let you know if this is something you want to check out?
- Awesome prizes all the time
- Breath-taking vacation homes
Consider this an early Christmas gift from Rare Exotic Plants, I love providing surprises to you in every article. Sometimes it might be free coupons from your favorite online stores, and other times it might be sweepstakes such as today? This is my way of thanking you for visiting this website, even though they are small gestures, I hope you will share them with your family and your friends? Ready to check out what they are giving away, go to the HGTV website anytime?
Flower Deals And Discounts
One more early Christmas gift before I leave you, how many of you would love to get great deals and discounts from the best stores online? nothing wrong with starting to shop early, and why pay more when you can pay less at the following merchants? Besides awesome flowers and houseplants, you can even find gifts at bargain prices.
- 1-800 Flowers
- Blooms Today
- Pro Flowers
- Rose Farmers
- The Bougs Co
- Global Rose
- Succulents Studios
- Eucalyptus Farms
- Everbloom Florist
- Home Depot
- Personalization Mall
- Brenda’s Baskets
- 1-800 Baskets
- Pranks Annomynous
- Ruth’s Brownie Kitchen
Here is how you can check all of these out at one time, you just use the link in this paragraph to go directly to the deals and discounts page? To one day be one of the best resource websites online, I also feel providing you ways to save money is important too? Please leave me any requests for future articles, I once again really do value your feedback.